31.5.09

151: An afternoon with the ponies


I found myself at my old riding school, Riverside Equestrian Centre, this afternoon helping with the evening feedup. It was a wonderful visit and so nice to catch up with everyone that I hadn't seen in a while. I also happen to have purchased a new camera (eeeek!) this week, a Canon 1000D digital SLR. I'm super excited and this was a great opportunity to test it out. It's a bit of a step up from my trusty Panasonic Lumix that I have been shooting with for the past 6 months. I thought it was a great time to upgrade, since I'm hitting the 6 month mark of the project and what better time to try and up my photography skills for the second half of the year. As you can imagine I had a lots of piccies to try and choose from for today's photo in the end, but this one won for it's great colour contrasts and super sharp detail in the top left corner, with the rest of the subject softly blurred in the background. Delightful.

No comments:

Post a Comment