28.3.09

087: House VS Hurricane baby

So tonight I headed into Thriller, at Rosies to see one of my favourite (semi) local bands (well they're from Melbourne, so Australian at least) the very cool House vs Hurricane. These guys describe their sound as cinematic hardcore, I've generally been calling it electronic hardcore, but no matter what you want to call it, it's a great sound! Right up my ally, because Ben's music is a little too heavy, hardcore for me, but the electronic stuff breaks it up and add a whole new dimention to it that sets them aside from the ebb and flow of everyone else in this music genre. The guys (Chris, Chris, Joey and Ryan) put on a great show, got a great crowd response and I thoroughly enjoyed rocking out (although not hard like some of those crazy kids) and trying to get some sweet shots. It was hard to choose in the end, as I had a lot of pics but I loved this close up (how often do I get a close up at a gig?!) of Chris getting his scream on, the crowd all up in his face and drums in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment