30.12.09

364: Glow

The other day while I was at the gallery I accidently used a photography trick I had forgotten all about, but hadn't really had the chance to test out yet. 

Creating a creative blur by simply zooming the lens in or out during exposure. So I popped out and bought these lovely bright flowers to be the subject of my photo and got the camera set up on the tripod (the camera really needs to be as still as possible and it's handy to have both hands free, one for the lens and one for the shutter button). Then I just played around with the ISO, shutter speed and aperture. My best results ended up being an ISO of 400, shutter speed of 1"3 and an aperture of 16 for this particular setting.

I love the result of focus in the middle of the photograph and the motion and colour created outwards by adjusting the lens during exposure. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow this is a great trick ! I'm going to try it out. Thanks for a great idea Emma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, another one for me to want to purchase. Lovely work, girl!

    ReplyDelete