28.10.09

301: Bright as bubblegum


I was chatting to someone today and much to my amusement while I was mid sentence they stopped chewing what I had just assumed to be gum, and blew a big bubble. This threw me into a state of giggles, why?! Perhaps it was because it was so out of context for a business man to be partaking in what we percieve to be a childhood activity. It certainly brought out fond memories of endless hours of chewing, trying to blow the biggest bubble possible without getting gum in my hair. Because these days, as adults it's more about the chewie - a minty stick to freshen the breath after an oniony lunch, a completely different chew texture to bubblegum - bubbles (well decent ones) are not possible with chewie! I had forgotten the joys of bubblegum. Pink, sickly sweet, oh so chewy. I bought a packet and had a great time blowing the best bubbles I could and running in front of the camera to get a photo out of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment