27.8.09

239: Banksy out and about

I've just gotten home from visiting Bristol today. Home of Banksy himself. Terribly excited I was, like you wouldn't believe. For those of you who may not be familiar with the man he's a somewhat anonymous English graffiti artist, who's street art (graffiti combined with a distinctive stencilling technique) can be found all over the world. His artworks are often satirical pieces of art on topics such as politics, culture, and ethics.

His biggest exhibition to date (Banksy versus Bristol Museum) is just finishing up after 3 very successful months and over 300,000 visitors. I was thrilled to find out it was still on while I was over here and jumped at the opportunity to check it out. Unfortunately over the summer it's become so popular I had to wait in a queue for 4 hours to get in, but it was well worth it. Out of the many photos I took today I found it too hard to choose just one from the exhibition. So an album can be found on my facebook page and I chose instead to post the one pic I got of a Banksy piece out in the real world. This sniper sitting high up above the shops has a little boy holding a blown up paper bag behind his head. Cheeky! We noticed it on the way out of town, it was a great note to end the day on.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, this photo is awesome, really impressed with everything that you have done. just wish i could have been there to see it with you. ben (not reuben) xo

    ReplyDelete