22.8.09

234: SURPRISE

This is what 30 hours of international traveling has done to my ability to take a photograph!!! Haha yes guys, surprise....I'm in England! I departed Brisbane late on Friday evening and have flown half way around the world with my family to surprise my Aunty (loosely pictured - apologies Aunty Penny for the quality of this pic) for her birthday. It worked a treat and now we have a wonderful month here to relax and hang out. All terribly exciting!

It was very hard for me not to blog about the holiday in the lead up to the departure date but I couldn't risk Aunty Penny seeing it before me arrived, so it remained top secret! As we arrived quite late on Saturday evening and after all the excitement had subsided this has ended up being photo of the day. Not quite what I expected but sort of has the right feeling of excitement and exhaustion that accompanies such an adventure. The photos will pick up from here folks. I promise. England (and a mini break to Switzerland) what a photographers dream excursion! I promise an exciting month to come for the 365 project.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Emma, May I be a follower please?
    Lovely seeing you again after all this time and we thought both you and Nick were superb putting up with us geriatrics and then being so patient with Lois and the girls. Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia, Certainly, add away! It was lovely seeing everyone up at your house, the holiday is flying by so fast! Looking forward to seeing more on Senior Moments too. Hope you're enjoying the blogging world.

    ReplyDelete