17.6.09

168: Like the streets of Paris

As I'm sure most of you are aware by now, my work has recently relocated to a brand new building in the heart of the city. And with that move came the excitement of a wonderful new selection of cafes, shops and coffee bar. Compared to our old location we are now all spoiled for choice! Chocolate Soldier (275 George St) caught my eye in the first week because these little tables they set up outside are positioned just like the cafes do it in France. With the tables in rows and all of the chairs looking out onto the street. A wonderful way to people watch. The guys at Chocolate Soldier are super quick and friendly, there is a beautiful selection of drinks (they use Campo's coffee beans) and bite sized treats while the counter and equipment is sleek and glossy. I love the warm glow that shines out of this coffee bar in my photograph and how this bounces off the surfaces of the outdoor furniture.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful name! Lucky thing, so close to your work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, you should come meet me for lunch some time if you need a break from the studio!

    ReplyDelete