11.5.09

131: Charlie

Meet Charlie, the little teddy bear I was given by my grandma when I was born. That's right Charlie is 23 years old and still in pretty fine form. Thanks to Mum! He has just undergone some fairly serious facial surgery after falling victim to one of Bentley's mischievous and rather naughty moments. Poor Charlie lost his nose and it's lucky for me (and him) that my very talented Mum is crafty with a needle and has successfully fixed him. May Charlie live on for many, many more years with his new nose! I was a little hesitant putting up a photo of my old teddy bear. But then I realised, everyone has one, wether it be a raggy doll, worn panda or for the boys maybe an old dinosaur. They are great portals into our childhood, where they provided company in many different games and bedtime stories. Thank you Charlie.

2 comments:

  1. Adorable. So much cuter than my bear from when I was little. Mine's all hard and all the fur's gone dry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww but you have lots of memories with him right? Did he have a name? Maybe you should wash him with some fabric softner. Just an idea, not a reliable fact, I can't remember the last time Charlie had a wash.

    ReplyDelete