12.4.09

102: X, V, E...Scrabble?!?

What a lovely way to spend Easter Sunday afternoon, especially with the rain about. I'm sure many dust covered board games may have found their way out of the cupboard today. With Dad being somewhat of a master and Nick always full of unusual words we have never heard of, I knew Mum, Ben and I were up for a challenge. I probably experienced my best play yet though (teamed with Mum) our first word was vixen, pictured above, for a grand total of 31 points! Of course Dad gained points for a higher scoring word later in the game, going on to win but it was a well played out game, Mum and I coming in a strategic second! I was also pleased that it set up a wonderful shot for today's photo. I love the colours dotted about the board underneath the lettered playing pieces that show off some nice shadows from their 3D shape.

2 comments:

  1. oh goodness - I love scrabble! Dave and I play it all the time (we are such oldies) who got the awesome word?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well nana and grandpa maybe we should have a scrabble night soon :) Above, vixen was my word, but I can't remember now what Dad's better scoring one was.

    ReplyDelete