26.3.09

084: A fruity find

Twice a week at my work a fruit box is delivered to each kitchen, a little and healthy treat for the staff. The arrival of the fruit box is normally surrounded my much excitement, whispering and tip offs, because in our area you have to get in quick to get the popular stuff. We are the fruit demons. However this week was more exciting than usual as I made quite a spectacular discovery. This wonderful, autumn coloured pear, with leaf intact was sitting there, nestled amongst the apples and bananas. How this little leaf survived the turmoil of a trip out to our office I will never know but it made my day to find such a wonderful subject so naturally I plucked it from the box and brought it home to photograph. Delicious.

2 comments:

  1. haha. yay for fruit. you know yesterday i scored about four bananas?

    love this shot, em. i wouldn't have thought to go from the top, but i should have known you'd do something great with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tegan, I have another one from a bit further away where you could see the full silhouette of the pear in it's shadow. It was a tough choice, but I just loved this up close of the leaf.

    And 4 bananas...nice!

    ReplyDelete