19.1.09

019: Book mania


So I made it to Bookfest yesterday, a rather exciting trip that saw my friend Anna and myself trawling through bargains galore for much longer than we'd anticipated. Now while I've come nowhere near close to the staggering 57 books that my friend Alarna (of Little Jane St) purchased I did find myself a couple of lovely old arty/crafty books for a bit of creative inspiration. Both books have the delicious smell of my childhood favourites and will hopefully inspire much greatness in future designs. The book on the left is from the Thelwell series, containing many lovely illustrations and clever quips while the book on the right promises to teach me poster design from lettering and basic design, right through to the use of colour. However it's the pictures here that caught my eye, because while the book dates back to the 1960's I still see great layout and typography. So now I must apologise as today's photo was really not about the photography but the story I was just bursting to share about my book finds.

No comments:

Post a Comment